Authored by the most well-known and highly-regarded technical analyst, Larry William’s second edition of “Long-Term Secrets to Short-Term Trading” reveals his much-need secret techniques for generating profits from a short-term standpoint as quickly as possible. With the principle of getting in and out of the market as quickly as possible while earning a profit, “Long-Term Secrets to Short-Term Trading” primarily provides readers with knowledge on how to tackle the market, especially during a crisis or negative event. While he does cover a wide range of topics in his book, he also highlights the dangers and disadvantages of an otherwise profitable venture.
Williams’ book also parts invaluable wisdom to readers about chaos, speculation, volatility, profit patterns, and others that are sure to be an eye-opener to even the most seasoned of traders.
About the Author
Williams was born on October 6, 1942, in Miles City, Montana, the son of Sylva Berthea and Richard Sigwart Williams. He is of Norwegian, German, and English ancestry. In 1960, he graduated from Billings High School in Billings, Montana, where he was active in sports, on the all-state football team, and the sports editor of the school paper. He is a graduate of the School of Journalism, class of 1964 at the University of Oregon in Eugene. Williams was a member of Alpha Delta Sigma (honorary professional fraternity) while at Oregon and served as national president. He is also a member of Sigma Chi at the University of Oregon and received the fraternity’s highest national award, “Significant Sig,” along with Andy Rooney, Brad Pitt, and many other notable members.
Williams was one of the founders of the “Rock and Roll Marathons” that have raised in excess of $320 million for charities throughout the world.
Table of Contents
- INTRODUCTION: You Are Already a Commodity Trader
- CHAPTER 1: Making Order Out of Short-Term Chaos
- CHAPTER 2: It’s a Question of Price and Time
- CHAPTER 3: The Real Secret to Short-Term Trading
- CHAPTER 4: Volatility Breakouts – The Momentum Breakthrough
- CHAPTER 5: The Theory of Short-Term Trading
- CHAPTER 6: Getting Closer to the Truth
- CHAPTER 7: Patterns to Profit
- CHAPTER 8: Separating the Buyers from the Sellers
- CHAPTER 9: Short-Term Trading from a Quote Screen
- CHAPTER 10: Special Short-Term Situations
- CHAPTER 11: When to Get Out of Your Trades
- CHAPTER 12: Thoughts on the Business of Speculation
- CHAPTER 13: Money Management – the Keys to the Kingdom
- CHAPTER 14: From Kennedy to Obama, Thoughts from 50 Years of Trading
- CHAPTER 15: Just What Does Make the Stock market Rally?
- CHAPTER 16: Hard Facts about a Very Hard Game to Win