Review If You Can: How Millennials Can Get Rich Quickly
by WILLIAM J. BERNSTEIN
William J. Bernstein’s “If You Can: How Millennials Can Get Rich Quicker” provides readers with an extremely direct and simple guide for basic investing within a span of just a few pages. Light and compact, this booklet aims to help the young adults of today by briefly shedding light on the five fundamental hurdles in financing (or what Bernstein calls “the Five Horsemen of Personal Finance Apocalypse”) that many people face in their lifetimes. Furthermore, Bernstein’s “If You Can” is an investment strategy guide, written in a cohesive and easy-to-digest manner that even teenagers would be able to pick up the worth of its contents.
Do note that the “If You Can: How Millennials Can Get Rich Quicker” booklet can be read online for free, and the paperback copies were made to be for gift-giving.
About the Author
William J. Bernstein is an American financial theorist and neurologist. His research is in the field of modern portfolio theory, and he has published books for individual investors who wish to manage their equity portfolios. He lives in Portland, Oregon.
Table of Contents
- But you’re still screwed
- How to read this booklet:
- Hurdle Number One: Even if you invest like Warren Buffet, if you can’t save, you’ll die poor.
- Hurdle Number Two: Finance isn’t rocket science, but you’d better understand it clearly.
- Hurdle Number Three: (with apologies to George Santayana) Those who ignore financial history are condemned to repeat it.
- Hurdle Number Four: (With apologies to Walt Kelly, creator of the Pogo cartoon) We have met the enemy and he is us.
- Hurdle Number Five: The financial services industry wants you to make you poor and stupid.
- What about the nuts and bolts